By: Patrick Poke
- The three key attributes to look for are; 1) A tailwind, 2) An expanding moat, 3) An aligned culture.
- A shrinking moat can be dangerous – just ask shareholders of Nokia and Yahoo.
- Investor’s shouldn’t allow ‘value’ to deceive them into thinking that an investment is safe.
- Culture is a huge differentiator between successful and unsuccessful organisations.
- Research isn’t about getting more numbers, it’s about talking to people who know the business well.
- Successful equities investing requires ignoring the pessimists.